Pages

Followers

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Modes of Transport

The lovely ladies over at The Artful Times have chosen Sam to set the fortnightly challenge the theme being "Mode of Transport"  I had a good rummage in my stamps box and decided on a Sailing ship scene stamp.(Sorry if you have had enough of water LOL).
I have had this for ages and never used it. I made a card this is such a departure from my comfort zone for me. I used watercolour paper and stamped the image, then coloured with a mixture of watercolour paint and DI Inks, tore the edges and inked up then rubbed silver metallic around the image. The backing paper had a lovely sea look to it with text running through it. I finished off with eyelets and stamped the words on calico. I actually enjoyed making this card. Thanks so much for looking and the lovely comments. Hugs Sandra XXX 

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, love the eyelets and bow, too! Hugs, Valerie

Von said...

A lovely serene card Sandra and the eyelets are a wonderful touch :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
Von x♥x

sam21ski said...

Lovely calming scene Sandra, great colouring and I just love the addition of those eyelets.

Thanks for playing along again this week.

Sam xxx

chrissie said...

Fantastic card Sandra--just love the string in the eyelets it so right for the scene

Love Chrissie xx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Beautiful card - I have this stamp too and I love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work Sandra. Love the pastel colours.
Regards Florence xx

Neet said...

A lovely card and what a nice touch that calico has given to the overall appearance of the card. Must remember that idea.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times
Hugs, Neet xx