Pages

Followers

Thursday 26 July 2012

A Little Bit of Sewing

Hello All, fabulous Time projects for last weeks
Out of A Hat challenge. So lovely to see you all joining us. Just to remind you that Janet has a special prize which will be randomly drawn at the beginning of August.
This week is a personal favourite of mine "A touch of sewing" it does not have to be much just a little to enhance your project.
I am just starting a fabric book, well really it is mixed media sample book with lots of fabric as I want it to be a place where I can try out lots of techniques. The heart is my front page and below the second page.
I have assembled this piece using,
Hessian, paper, painted used colour catcher sheet, sequin waste, patterned fabric, calico, and vintage lace. I have machined sewn around in several different colour silk threads hand stiched little crosses and beaded with pearl beads and a paper bead in the centre. Finished with a metal key. Do make sure you visit Florence, Janet and Chrissie to see there lovely projects. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs Sandra XXX 

9 comments:

chrissie said...

Stunning work on these pages Sandra. So much thought gone into them and I look forward to seeing more of the book

Love Chrissie xx

Von said...

Gorgeous work there Sandra it's going to be a stunning book :)
Von ♥♥♥

Valerie-Jael said...

Really gorgeous! Love what you have made! Valerie

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Oh wow Sandra it's stunning! how lovely to be able to join both your hobbies into one xxx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is beautiful - especially like the heart x

Janet said...

Gorgeous pages Sandra,very vintage.
Janet x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work Sandra. Cant wait to see the finished book.
Regards Florence xx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous start to what I know will be a stunning book. I love all the little embellies you chose. Looking forward to seeing future additions!

Neet said...

Superb pages Sandra, I only saw the heart one on the challenge blog and fell in love with it immediately. Imagine my delight when I saw a second one - you have done a sterling job here.
Hugs, Neet xx